Friday, March 20, 2015
From the Kitchen of Stephanie
1.5 lbs of Chicken breast (cut in even strips to help it cook evenly)
2 cups of sliced peppers (I like orange, red and yellow)
1 yellow onion (sliced)
1 tsp of coconut oil
1 can of Organic Black Beans (rinsed)
Homemade Taco Seasoning
1. Place your chicken, peppers and onions in a gallon size ziplock bag.
2. Add seasoning to your liking....I probably added about 3-4 TBSP and then zip your bag and shake to distribute the seasoning all over.
3.Then Place the bag in fridge until ready to cook. While the chicken is in the fridge make your homemade Pico De Gallo (will post that recipe after this one)
4. Place large saute pan (I use a green non stick pan) over medium heat.
5. Add the tsp of Coconut Oil to the pan. Once it's melted add the chicken, pepper and onion mixture.
6. Saute/Cook for about 10-15 minutes (until chicken is no longer pink).
7. I used endives to put this mixture on top of and then I added a tsp of black beans to each one and topped with the homemade pico de gallo.
Hope you enjoy!