Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Sweet Heart Cake
Sweet Heart Cake
from Betty Crocker
(This pretty heart-shaped cake is the perfect way to say "I love you!")
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 1 hour 58 min
Makes: 12 servings
1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix
Water, vegetable oil and egg whites called for on cake mix box
1 container Betty Crocker® Whipped fluffy white frosting
Red food color
1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Grease or lightly spray bottoms only of one 8-inch round and one 8-inch square pan.
2. In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil and egg whites with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds; beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Batter will be lumpy. Divide batter evenly between pans.
3. Bake 23 to 31 minutes (26 to 34 minutes for dark or nonstick pans) or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
4. Cut round cake in half. Put square cake on tray with one point toward you. Place cut side of each half against one of the top sides of square cake to make a heart as shown in diagram.
5. Tint frosting with a few drops food color. Frost cake with frosting. Store loosely covered.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Follow High Altitude directions on cake mix box for 8-inch pans.
Gently press miniature chocolate chips into the sides of this frosted cake for that extra-special touch.
Freeze the baked and cooled cakes about an hour for easier cutting and frosting.
1 Serving: Calories 360 (Calories from Fat 140); Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 3 1/2g, Trans Fat 3g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 330mg; Total Carbohydrate 51g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 33g); Protein 3g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 4% Exchanges: 1 Starch; 2 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 3 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 3 1/2