Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Creamy White Frosting

Homemade Creamy White Frosting
From the kitchen of Stephanie



3/4 cup softened butter
about 1/2 to 3/4 pound of powdered sugar
1-2 tsp vanilla (add to your taste preference)
2-3 tbsp almond milk (add to get the consistency you like)

I start with the butter with my mixer on low. Next, add the vanilla. Then I start adding powdered sugar until I get a good creamy consistency. (If I wasn't frosting cookies, I probably wouldn't even add the milk, however I wanted my consistency slightly thinner). Next I added milk until desired consistency, which for me, I wanted a think but "pipeable" consistency as I was piping the frosting onto my cookies. I didn't want it too thin b/c I wanted it to harden enough to be able to stack my cookies.

No comments: