Monday, April 4, 2011

Chicken Spaghetti

Chicken Spaghetti
From the Kitchen of Jen Potter

1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 package thin spaghetti
boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 to 5 ounces Velveeta cheese
Shredded cheese

Boil chicken until done. Take chicken out and shred. Cook spaghetti noodles in the chicken broth/water. In another pan mix soups, velveeta and shredded chicken. Cook on low medium until cheese has melted. In a 9 x 13 pan put cooked spaghetti in first, then the soup and chicken mixture. Fold all together. Just slowly mix all in pan. Add just a bit of chicken broth. Cover with shredded cheese and foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. I usually take the foil off towards the end to brown the cheese. I like it a little crunchy. :)

This is one of Ben's moms recipes. I haven't found a sub for Velveeta. Nothing works in place of it that I have found. You can add different things in. Sometimes I use the chicken you can buy at the deli. Sometimes I add in mushrooms. I usually add Rotel tomatoes to give it a little kick. It's so easy to make. I make it while the kids are sleeping, and just put it in the fridge. Dinner time rolls around and I pop it in the oven for about 40 minutes, and done.

No comments: