Friday, October 14, 2011

Pumpkin Turkey Chili

Below is a recipe from my friend Oriana Montani. She created it
herself.

Here is what she did to make Pumpkin Turkey Chili:

Saute yellow and yellow pepper and onion with two cloves of garlic.
Add ground turkey and brown
Add can of pumpkin puree, can of Kidney, can of corn, and can of diced tomatos.
Add half cup of chicken broth
I put a little dark beer in (like 1/4 cup) but you don't need it

Spices--I used chili powder, smoked chipotle chili powder, cumin, corriander, cinnamon, salt and pepper (to taste).

I would say I used a lot of the two chili powders and then probably a teaspoon on the others. I just added the spices to taste, but this should be a good base for you.

Good luck! This was one of my favorite meals that I have made. Hope you have the same experience.

No comments: