Peanut Butter Cookies
From the Kitchen of Kelly Hunt
• 1 cup unsalted butter
• 1 ½ cup crunchy peanut butter
• 1 cup white sugar
• 1 cup packed brown sugar
• 2 eggs
• 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Cream together butter, peanut butter, vanilla and sugars. Beat in eggs.
2. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir into batter. Put batter in refrigerator for 1 hour.
3. Form dough into balls, roll in sugar, gently fork top to create cookie shape.
4. Roll into 1 inch balls and put on baking sheets. Flatten each ball with a fork, making a criss-cross pattern. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for about 9-10 minutes or until cookies begin to brown. Do not over-bake.
5. You can put a Hershey’s Kiss in the middle once baked if you wish.