Chicken Tortilla Soup
by: Irene Foster
4 chicken breast halves
1 garlic clove, minced
2 TBSP margarine
2 14 1/2 oz. cans chicken broth ( I usually just boil the ckn and use that for the broth.)
2 14 1/2 oz cans chopped stewed tomatoes ( I like to use Mexican ones)
1 c. salsa (I prefer homemade salsa.)
1/2 c. cilantro
1 TBSP ground cumin
8 oz Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
1. Cook, debone, and shred chicken.
2. Add minced garlic to margarine in slow cooker. Saute.
3. Combine all ingredients except cheese, sour cream, and chips.
4. Cover. Cook on Low 8-10 hours.
5. Divide cubed cheese among 6 individual soup bowls. Ladle soup over cheese. Sprinkle with chips and top each bowl with a dollop of sour cream.