Friday, August 21, 2009

TEXAS CHILI

TEXAS CHILI
From the kitchen of Amy Young

2lbs ground beef
3-8oz cans of tomato sauce
2 pkgs powder chili mix

1 can pinto beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 can rotel tomatoes
1 large onion chopped

Brown beef and drain. In a crock-pot mix together the tomato sauce and chili mix.
Then add 2 to 3 cups of water. Start heating on high and add meat. Simmer for 2 hrs-add beans, onions, rotel, and stewed tomatoes. Simmer for 1 more hr. Enjoy this, Texas style!!!

3 comments:

Kody and Sherry's Blog said...

Texas Chili does not have beans!!!!

Stephanie said...

Sorry....I just posted the recipe shared with me...I didn't name it ;)

Will you share a true Texas Chili recipe with me then? :)

Kody and Sherry's Blog said...

I'll try to find one for you