Friday, June 4, 2010

Egg Rolls

Egg Rolls
From the Kitchen of Diana Brewster





One package of large Wanton wrappers
4 Chicken breasts
Garlic salt
1 package of coleslaw mix
1 large bottle of oil for frying
Duck sauce for dipping if desired



Pan cook chicken in 2tbs of Olive Oil sprinkle with garlic salt liberally
Once done shred chicken into small pieces with a fork
Mix in slaw mix with the chicken and sprinkle in so more garlic salt about 2 teaspoons



Heat oil on med-high for about 5 minutes until hot. You know the oil is hot when the egg rolls float right away when you put them in.



While oil is heating start wrapping your egg rolls, seal the egg roll with egg white

Place in oil and rotate in oil until golden brown, place on a plate with paper towel to soak any excess oil up.






***My adaptations are as follows:


For the chicken I place the chicken breasts in a 9x9 pan and season with sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder and then add 1/2 cup of chicken broth to the bottom of the pan. I cover with foil and bake at 375 for 40 minutes and let cool. Then I cut and add to the cabbage and carrot mixture that I also season with the above seasonings except I use Garlic Salt instead of sea salt on the veggies.

I also roll all of my egg rolls before I begin heating the oil so that they are ready and I can be cooking and directing my attention to the fried rice that I also make in conjunction with these egg rolls.

No comments: