Tomato Zucchini Casserole
From the Kitchen of Lisa Jewell
2 cups Mozzarella Cheese
1/3 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 tsp dried Oregano
1/2 tsp fresh Basil
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste
2 medium zucchinis, thinly sliced
5 tomatoes, thinly sliced
1/4 cup butter
2 tbsp finely chopped (can use dried onion)
3/4 cup fine bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 375. Lightly butter a 9x9-inch pan
2. In a large bowl, combine Mozzarella, Parm, Oregano, basil, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
3. Arrange half of the zucchini slices in the pan. Sprinkle 1/4 of the cheese and herb mixture on top. Arrange half of the tomatoes, and top with another 1/4 of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers.
4. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in onions, and cook until soft and translucent. Stir in breadcrumbs; cook until they have absorbed the butter. Sprinkle on top of casserole.
5. Cover loosely with foil, and bake in a preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil, and bake until the top is crusty and the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.