Chai Latte Cupcakes
By: Betty Crocker
Prep Time:25 min
Start to Finish:1 hr 50 min
1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® French vanilla cake mix
1 1/2 cups water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 package (1.1 oz) instant chai tea latte mix (or 3 tablespoons from larger container)
Frosting and Garnish
1 cup white vanilla baking chips
1 container (1 lb) Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
Ground cinnamon, if desired
1. Heat oven to 350°F for shiny metal pans (or 325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
2. In large bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
3. Bake 18 to 23 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
4. In medium microwavable bowl, microwave baking chips on High 30 seconds; stir until melted. If necessary, microwave 15 seconds longer. Stir until smooth; cool 5 minutes. Stir in frosting until well blended.
5. Immediately spread or pipe frosting mixture on cupcakes. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Store loosely covered at room temperature.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Decrease water to 1 1/4 cups.
1 Serving: Calories 260 (Calories from Fat 100); Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 3 1/2g, Trans Fat 1 1/2g); Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium 220mg; Total Carbohydrate 38g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 28g); Protein 2g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 6%; Iron 2% Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 2 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.